These lovely little cookies are delicious! I was given some lovely Optimum nutrition vanilla casein and wanted to try it out in a recipe so I based this on my previous Peanut butter cookie recipe but made it a more pimped out version 🙂
- 1 x Cup of crunchy cashew butter . I use bulk powders as its sugar and salt free
- 1 x Egg
- 1xTablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 x teaspoon of baking powder
- 6 x Tablespoons of almond flour or ground almonds will do perfectly too!
- 1 scoop ( 30g) Casein . I used Optimum Nutrition Vanilla
- 50 grams choc chips ( I used some milk choc chips from Tesco for convenience but you could get organic dark or even carob chips and they would work great)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
- Whisk your egg lightly in a little bowl with the vanilla and maple (just with a fork is fine)
- Put your cup of cashew butter into a larger bowl and then add your egg mix to it and mix it all together thoroughly (again just with a fork/spoon is fine )
- Now add your baking powder and almond meal and mix that through evenly till you have a thick dough
- Lastly mix through that casein well . It will be a thick dough .
- Using a teaspoon start making balls with the mix . I made 16 from this mix for nice size cookies
- Get a baking tray with some baking paper on top .Pop your little balls in then press them down lightly with a fork to make a cookie shape
- Pop in the oven for 12-15 mins – check them at 12 they should be lightly golden like the pic. As its cashew butter they may seem paler than normal cookies so don’t worry.
- Let cool or eat warm , they are a little cakey warm which is also delicious!
MACROS BASED ON 16 COOKIES FROM MIX