Easy to make Gluten free oat and yogurt bread. Hearty, healthy, versatile and most importantly delicious.
There are lots of variations of this recipe online . This is my preferred recipe tried and tested! You can add fruit or nuts etc to this to make a sweet bread but be aware that this will shoot the calorie content up .
- 1 x 500ml tub of natural yogurt ( I used fat free Glenisk)
- 300 grams of Gluten free oats (I used Tesco free from oats)
- 2 teaspoons of Bicarbonate soda (or bread soda)
- 1 x egg
- ½ tsp of salt
- Sprinkle of seeds (optional , I sprinkled some sunflower seeds before baking)
- Beat your egg and place that and the yogurt in a big bowl and stir it all thoroughly
- Put your oats, bicarb and salt in a separate bowl and mix together
- Add the yogurt mix and mix it all together evenly
- Place your mixture in a lined loaf tin ( line with parchment or just grease it up either will work)
- I slice a line 1cm deep down the centre of the bread and sprinkled seeds on top
- Place in a preheated oven and bake at 180 for 30 mins reducing the heat to 150 and baking for further 30 mins.
- Remove from tin, cool and enjoy!
Macros per slice (based on 12 per loaf)