Delicious gluten-free sweetcorn fritters. Perfect for breakfast, brunch or a lunchbox filler! Delicious hot or cold. I love them with a side of avocado and fresh tomato !
- 520 grams of sweetcorn (drained weight if tinned) (Also is using tinned make sure it has no added salt or sugar)
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 red pepper
- 4 eggs
- 2.5 heaped tablespoons of coconut flour
- Himalayan pink salt ( my fave salt but any will do) and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp dry coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- Take 260 grams of sweetcorn and blend together with your 4 eggs , salt and pepper till it looks like a batter.
- Pour your blended mix into a bowl and add the rest of your sweetcorn
- Chop finely your onion and pepper and add to the mixture mixing it through
- Add coriander , turmeric and chilli powder and mix through
- Now add the coconut flour and stir it thoroughly through the mixture.
- Get a large frying pan or griddle pan and add your preferred oil . I use coconut oil or olive
- I have a small ladle that I use but you can use 2 tablespoons per fritter . It should have a batter like consistency so you can dollop 2 tablespoons one on top of the other and it will blend to one fritter . Cook in small batches of 2-4 . I usually fit 4 in a pan .
- Pop your mixture onto a hot pan and let it cook for 4-5 mins on one side then 3-4 on the other. You will know as you cook if its ready to flip over check with your spatula as you cook to make sure the consistency is right to turn it.
Perfect sweetcorn fritters
This mix makes 10 fritters approx 4 inches in diameter .
Macros for 1 portion ( 2 fritters )
Calories : 172
Protein : 8.6