Spicy Tuna Stuffed Peppers
Perfect for lunch or dinner served on their own or with a side dish. Gluten and dairy free too!
- 300 grms of sweet potato
- 220 grams of tinned tuna (drained)
- 1 x red onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Hot sauce ( whatever is your fave one , I use Mics chilli Inferno 3 peppers hot) I use a tablespoon but go as spicy as you are comfortable with
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 100 grams of spinach
- 3 Capsicum peppers
- salt and pepper
- Boil your sweet potato when it is softened drain and mash and leave to one side
- Add olive oil to a pan and pop in your onion and garlic chopped finely
- Add in your salt and pepper and spices to the onion and garlic and let it get nicely coated in the spice mixture
- Now add your spinach and let it wilt throughout the mixture
- Add your tomato paste and hot sauce at this point and mix it through
- At this point you can turn the pan off and add this mix to your mashed sweet potato along with your tuna
- Mix everything together thoroughly and that’s your filling done
- Half your 3 peppers and take out he seeds then lay them on a foil lined baking tray
- Generously fill each pepper with mixture pressing it in to make sure the pepper is good and full!
- Bake at 180 for 20 mins and you are done!
- Delicious healthy spicy stuffed peppers!
This makes 3 servings
MACROS PER SERVING