Crunchy nutty naturally sweet and yummy! It’s a bit like muesli and a bit like Granola so I’ve called it Muesola!
Carbs, protein and fat all in one yummy breakfast or snack option. Also with the addition of sunflower seeds you are also adding nicely to your iron consumption an important micro nutrient especially for us ladies!
You can mess around with this easy peasy recipe to suit your taste. Its gluten free, sugar and sweetener free and vegan friendly too!
- 200 grams Gluten free oats
- 150 Grams of pitted dates
- 100 grams of Pecans
- 200 grams of sunflower seeds
- 50 grams of desiccated coconut
- 50 grams of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Break up your pecans and add to a bowl
- Chop up your pitted dates and add to the bowl
- Then add your oats, seeds desiccated coconut, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Slightly melt your coconut oil and add the vanilla essence to the oil mix
- Stir this wet mix through the dry mix evenly
- Preheat oven to 180
- Put baking paper in a large oven dish
- Spread mix evenly over the paper
- Bake for 25 mins checking 2-3 times throughout to stir mix
Done and done
Serve with yogurt and fruit or milk however you like your Muesola!
MACROS BASED ON 10 SERVINGS (APPROX 75 GRAM SERVINGS FROM 750 GRAMS OF NUTTY NOMNESS)