Barbelle banana yogurt cake
I came up with this cake concept upon receiving a fantastic variety of products to sample for Glenisk. I couldn’t resist coming up with new and interesting ways to use these fantastic protein packed fat free yogurts. I wanted to create a cake that could be used as a snack around training or even as an on the go breakfast, afternoon snack or a treat.
As the yogurt is sweetened slightly with Agave (natural sweetener) I did not add anything else to sweeten this cake which helped in keeping the calories down. Using a lot of coconut based ingredients added some healthy fat and additional sweetness. The additional benefit of using Glenisk 0% Greek is that a slice of this cake provides 4 grams of protein.
This is a simple to make, healthy gluten free snack option perfect to curb and unwanted sugar cravings! 112 Calories a slice compared to 100 calories in a banana with the addition of protein and good fat make this a perfect lunch box addition!
- 0.5 cup of coconut flour
- 450 grams Glenisk 0 % fat Greek yogurt vanilla flavoured
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 x ripe bananas
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- Get a large mixing bowl and add your dry ingredients – Flour , baking powder , cinnamon and nutmeg
- Then get a smaller bowl and whisk up your eggs
- Add your banana to the egg mixture breaking it into small pieces then mash it up with a fork making an eggy banana mixture
- Add your coconut oil melted to this wet mix along with your tsp of vanilla essence
- Create a well in the middle of your dry mix and add the wet ingredients mixing thoroughly
- At this point you are ready for the secret ingredient! Add a 450 gram tub of Glenisk Greek Style vanilla 0% fat yogurt into your mix. Mix it through evenly
- Take a square baking/cake tin approx 9 x 9 or 10 x 10 will be perfect. Spread your mix evenly in the dish
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25 mins at 180
- Cool for 30 mins and serve!
MACROS – BASED ON 18 SLICES
CARBS: 11 GRAMS
FAT: 5 GRAMS
PROTEIN: 4 GRAMS