If you haven’t already heard about the many uses of this wonderful substance and how it can benefit you inside and out! Here are just some of the ways to put this fabulous oil to good use!
In Cooking: Coconut oil is stable oil that doesn’t break down easily at high temperatures like other oils do. It doesn’t go rancid easily and has amazing nutritional properties. It is great for frying or roasting! Gives a delicious flavour to stir fries!
Baking: A fantastic option for baking breads, muffins, cookies etc. I use it for most of my sweet treats. I even use it to make chocolate toppings for some of my treats. It’s also great for no bake recipes like homemade fudge as it adds the solid texture beautifully when chilled!
Tea or coffee: Adds a creamy texture and a good dose of healthy fats! Bullet proof coffee tastes fab with some coconut oil!
Smoothies: Adds a nice nutty flavour and good dose of healthy fat to any smoothie
Skin Lotion: Coconut oil is a fantastic body lotion. It absorbs quickly and doesn’t leave an oily feeling at all. It makes skin all soft and silky plus it has wonderful antibacterial properties and you smell like a coconut!
Make up Remover: Coconut oil can remove your make up and work like a cleanser. It will even take off eye makeup and it’s also said it can reduce wrinkles! IM SOLD!
Dandruff Remedy and Hair Conditioner: Coconut oil can effectively get rid of dandruff when rubbed into the scalp a couple times a week. It’s also fab as a conditioner (leave on for10 mins). It will make your hair all oily but it’s worth putting up with it for the silkiness to come!
Massage Oil: Coconut oil makes great tropical smelling massage oil and as it’s also a great moisturiser this is win win !
Lip Balm : Chapped lips don’t stand a chance with its ultra moisturising properties
Shaving cream: Smooth onto your legs in the shower the razor will glide smoothly over!
SOME OF ITS HEALTH BENEFITS
- High lauric acid content can help lower cholesterol and blood pressure. It doesn’t increase LDL and helps keep arteries flexible and prevent atherosclerosis
- Studies show that coconut oil may help increase thyroid health because of its unique combination of nourishing properties and the fact that it travels directly to the liver without the need for hormones or enzymes in digestion
- Coconut oil can help boost metabolism. Since it travels directly to the liver, it is used for energy and not stored as fat
- Can increase bone strength by allowing better absorption of calcium, vitamin D, and other minerals
- It’s antifungal properties have been shown to help reduce yeast in the body and help fight yeast infections
- Can help fight infection and flu due to its antibacterial, antiviral and antimicrobial properties