Matts Epic Canadian Maple Cookies!!!
These cookies are some of the best Ive ever tasted. This recipe was given to me by the awesome Coach Matt Smith from Crossfit Perpetua Dublin. We did a goodie swap during the Open this year Brownies for Cookies ! It was win , win all round ! As you probably guessed from the title I gave these cookies ,Matt hails from Canada the land of the Maple ! He and his beautiful wife to be Taylor have kept me in stock with Pure Canadian Maple Syrup after every one of their trips back ! Ive developed a taste for the good stuff now 🙂
- 1 1/2 cups of Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened – very important that it is softened NOT melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 whole egg, or flax egg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips – You can find a variety of healthier chocolate chip variations in all good health food stores. If you want to stay away from chocolate use macadamia nuts (Barbelle suggestion) .
- Preheat oven to 175 (~165 if fan)
- Mix your dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix
- Add chocolate chips and mix again
- Use baking paper or a cookie sheet and make your cookie shapes (3 x 3 inch diameter each cookie approx)
- Put in the oven for 10-12 minutes (or until golden brown)
Disclaimer – If you make them you must share them with Matt ….its the rule! 🙂