Its coconut and its chocolate! Where can this go wrong! Remnant of that all time favourite chocolate treat The Bounty Bar! Veggie friendly, gluten free, paleo and refined sugar free treats!
These are yummy especially cold from the fridge or just after you take them out of the freezer after setting!!!
Ingredients (I get 18 bars from this mix)
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ tsp of vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 150 grams of 85 % dark chocolate
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
Coconut filling first
- Mix your coconut milk, oil, vanilla essence, maple and pinch of salt together over a low heat in a saucepan till it’s all melted together.
- Take it off the heat and add your 2 cups of desiccated coconut mixing it all through evenly
- Take some parchment paper and line a container approx 10 x 10 works well
- Fill the container with your mixture, spreading it out evenly to about 1 ½ cm thick
- Pop your mix in the freezer for 1.5- 2 hours this will make cutting and topping with chocolate easier
- I use a pot filled with water and put a bowl on top that sits with the water just covering the bottom
- Put all your topping ingredients together in the bowl and bring the water to the boil then turn to a simmer. Melt your ingredients together in the bowl as they heat.
- When all the ingredients are melted through take it off the heat but keep the bowl on the pot while you prep your bars.
- Take your coconut mix and remove from the container
- Cut evenly into approx 18 bars
- You can then either dip one side in the chocolate topping to cover (this can get messy) or place the bars back into the container and spoon generous tablespoons of chocolate mix on top of each bar as evenly as possible. As the bars are quite cold from the freezer the chocolate will start to harden making it easy to keep the topping from dripping all down the sides.
- Place back in the freezer for an hour then you are ready to enjoy! You can keep the bars in the fridge once they are set!
Macros per bar based on 18 bars from this mix:
Fat: 14 grams
Protein: 1 gram
Carbs : 8 grams