Sesame crusted Fish sticks!
These are yummy quick and easy to make. I used salmon and cod as I wanted to try the different flavours and textures with the sesame crust. The cod got the vote as the preferred version although both were tasty! So I would use cod, haddock , tilapia any nice white fish really .
These will go well with salad or sweet potato wedges . I served them last time with homemade courgette noodles ( zoodles / courgetti ) . I got the gift of a Spiralizer from my awesome friends Sara and Anastasia who know my love of all things grub! I just stir-fried some veggies in sesame oil with garlic , onion , ginger , coriander and a little chili then added the courgette and some Aminos( soy sauce substitute ) allowed it all to soften but still retain a little bite . It was a perfect veggie, vitamin packed accompaniment to the sesame fish sticks.
Like with most of my recipes , play around with the flavor and spice and what you serve it with . That’s half the fun of cooking !
Fish Sticks :
- Cod 550 grams approx
- 50 grams Almond Flour
- 2 x Eggs
- 100 grams Sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- Cut your fish into rectangles approx 2.5 x 1.5 inch
- Get a little bowl and whisk 2 eggs lightly with a fork
- Get a second bowl/dish and add your flour seeds and spices and mix them thoroughly
- Preheat your oven to 175
- Get a baking dish or tray and line it with parchment
- Now dip each fish piece in the egg mix then the seed mix and coat evenly
- Place on your baking tray
- When all are coated pop it in the oven for 20 minutes or till golden
- Calories : 354
- Fat: 21 grams
- Protein: 33 grams
- Carbs: 10 grams