Sweet potato gnocchi
Doughy lovely paleo, gluten free pasta dumplings! Great with any pasta sauce you can think off! Delicious even just with butter and nutmeg! Hearty comfort food!
A little more time consuming and messy (well for me, I was covered in flour) than most of my recipes but worth it! Took a bit of trial and error with flour , while arrowroot is the better option , tapioca flour is easier found and works well.
- 2 large sweet potatoes or 4 small ( approx 800 grams unpeeled)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup arrowroot powder or tapioca flour ( they are the only 2 options that will give the stickiness required to hold it all together nicely)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Egg white
- 1 tsp Salt and pepper to taste
- Poke your sweet potatoes with a fork and bake in the oven for 50 min’s at 190 until they are soft
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool
- Peel your potatoes and pop into a large bowl
- Add your flours and spices
- Stir well to combine all the ingredients
- Whisk egg till frothy and fold into the mix
- Refrigerate for 30 mins
- Dust work surface healthily with tapioca/arrowroot
- Roll dough into long thin rope.
- Cut into one inch pieces. Press lightly with a fork to flatten into a little gnocchi dumpling
- Boil a large pot of water Drop small batches into the water, wait till they float to the top and remove.
- Drain off the water
- You can add the Gnocchi now to a sauce or fry lightly in butter to get a golden coating on them
Macros based on 4 servings:
- Calories : 490
- Protein: 14 grams
- Fat: 28 grams
- Carbs: 52 grams